Monday 15 February 2010

13/02/2010 Alternative Press Fair CAKES

I did a food stand at The Alternative Press fair this weekend. It's been a while since I've done a one off event and this one was savoury as well as sweet! Everything I made was vegetarian or vegan. I had the full run of the kitchen at St Aloysius social club near Euston.



The sweet clockwise from top left: Victoria sponge cake, gluten free dark chocolate brownie, vegan apple and mincemeat slices, vegan carrot cake, lemon and almond cake and Welsh cinnamon cake (see below). I made this from a recipe in English Food my Jane Grigson. There are many, many things I want to make from this book as there are so many regional and national deserts that have probably been forgotten by all but a few.



Savoury: Roast butternut squash, chickpea and feta pasties, onion bhaji, raita and mango chutney in a cumin flatbread (all hand made), and (below) vegan roast beetroot and red onion with houmous in a handmade cumin flatbread.

1 comment:

  1. shit, i didn't realise those flatbreads where handmade. I missed out. Take a look at my blog tomorrow to see a drawing that looks just ike the photo above. Jill x

    ReplyDelete