Monday 15 February 2010

05/01/2010 My birthday!



This is the spread I put on for my party. The food was savoury and sweet. I made some cumin flatbread with 4 dips; houmous, beetroot, yoghurt and mustard, roast garlic, onion & yoghurt and black bean).



For the sweet stuff I made last chance mince pies. The above picture was the vegan plate which included gingernuts and below is the buttery plate where I made mincemeat and almond rolls as well as pies.



Below are some ANZAC (Australia New Zealand Army Corps) biscuits. I made these for the first time a couple of months before my birthday to use up some ingredients in my too full baking drawer and thought they were so delicious that I should share them with my friends. I put walnuts in the first batch I made but these are the more traditional type.



This stolen was the triumph of the evening. I used Dan Lepards recipe with my left over home made marzipan. I had wanted to make it in time for Christmas but was too tired and lazy! So made it for the party instead. I haven't made it before, but it was well worth it and I think it should become a regular part of my Christmas baked goods package that I give my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment