Saturday 14 November 2009

2006 Gipsy Moth cake stall

When I moved to London I got a job at The Gipsy Moth in Greenwich. It has a very big beer garden and my boss let me do a cake stall there as part of Car Free Day. They close off the road into Greenwich and there are lots of events in the village.



I made macaroons for the first time, using lemon pastry and putting jam in the base. I love coconut, but they weren't the most popular thing on the stall.



I also make fruit cake to my Grandmas recipe.



On the stall from left to right.
Back row: vegan carrot cake, date flapjack, lemon cake, brownie and my co league Lex's chocolate orange cake.
Front row: macaroons, coconut loaf, fruit loaf, Victoria sponge cake, chocolate death cake, coffee and walnut cake, chocolate buns, chocolate chip cookies, butterfly buns.






No comments:

Post a Comment